Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Hockey Fan?

On March 1st I took Quinn to her first hockey game Downtown. We met up with Donna and Troy, and Stacy and Eleni. Aside from crummy weather and an even crummier game ending, Quinn really had a great time.

The thing I most remember is as soon as we walked into the stadium - just in the halls, passing all the TV monitors and food vendors - she was just astonished at all the sights and sounds. Her eyes got really big and I could hear her say, to no one in particular, "Wow!" It was great to re-experience something so mundane to me now through her eyes. She was just flabbergasted!

Well, like any good hockey mom would, I loaded the kid up on junk food. That's part of the deal, right? Well, she got plenty. She started with cotton candy, had a boat load of popcorn and ended with ice cream - or should I call it by it's proper name - "Dippin' Dots".

The one thing that I never even considered was how loud it was going to be for her. Thankfully Stacy came with ear plugs because we never would have made it without them! After we got them in, she was cheering along with the rest of the crowd. And the icing on the cake was that Scott and Jim took us up to the press box where the work so we got to see the rink from about as high up as you can get in that stadium!

After a poor, poor showing from the Caps (they lost 6-2!), we headed home. Quinn was dog tired and fell asleep in the car at 6:30 and slept until 7:30 the next morning! That, my friends, NEVER happens!!!

No comments: