Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday Girl!

I know, I know - Quinn's birthday was March 9th. A week ago. I'm a terrible mother for not posting on time, but time is something I just can't seem to find enough of these days!

And it doesn't matter anyway, because her birthday tends to last 2 weeks, what with all of the lunch and dinner invitations (combined with Kirch's birthday, which is on the 11th), and a steady stream of boxes that arrive in the mail for her - some of which we are apparently still waiting for! So technically, I'm not so late in posting this after all!

The event series began with us heading to the Hatleys' house last Sunday. While the adults spent some quality tax preparation time together, Quinn had a blast playing with Patricia and Erin for hours in-and-outside. The girls got her I think the only Ariel doll she didn't have - and of course, she loved it!

On Monday, Tiana and Chrissy had a party for her at daycare. After cupcakes and presents, which I was fortunate enough to take part of, we headed home for our own family party. Kirch and I gave her a stool that I had decoupaged (is that really a verb?) and a few DVDs to add to her ever-growing collection. She LOVES faries, princesses and mermaids, and she got plenty of all of them in just about every media. Dolls, movies, books - you name it, she got it!

Purple cupcakes in honor of.... ME!


I love my new Tinker Bell dolly!

...and my new Ariel birthday dolly - they are my favorites! (right now)


Wow, what is in this secret compartment in my new stool?


YES!!! Dora wristbands from Daddy - that I prefer to wear on my ankles!

This past weekend, Grandma Kircher took us out for dinner at Chevy's where she received a boatload of Qute (yep, with a capital "Q") clothes! And on Sunday, Grandpa Kircher and Dorothy took us to Dogfish Head, where she got a sweet little fairy dress-up outfit (which she wears all the time now!). Poppy and Manka sent her an adorable bikini with a lay and hula skirt, Aunt Gail sent her a box of goodies, and apparently we are still waiting on Auntie Carrie's and Auntie Brenda's gifts. See what I mean by birthday event?

No comments: