Saturday, January 19, 2008

Once-a-Week Blogger

I have found it so difficult since I started my new job back in October to find the time to keep up on this blog. That's mainly because I'm actually busy as hell at work - and that is a GOOD thing! But since now mainly I come home, play with Quinn, get her dinner made, give her a bath, and get her ready for bed, I don't even have the time or energy to get on the computer after all of that is said and done. So I have accepted the cold hard truth that I'm now a once-a-week blogger, if that. So here I am, on a Saturday afternoon, trying to get an entry in while Quinn is down for her nap. And I've already been interrupted about 5 times, with changing the laundry, answering the phone, answering the door, checking on Quinn... AND I haven't even really blogged about Quinn yet! Whew!

Anyway, got that off my chest. I'm thirsty. I need a drink before I can continue :-)

OK.

So, Quinn is very close to correctly counting to 10! She gets 1, 2, 3 out, then usually repeats 2 once or twice, then skips to 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. It's just so cute... 7 is "feden". And 3 is, of course, "fee". But she's super close. She is also getting clumps of her ABC's right. For instance, A, B, C... then she just screws them all up until, O, P, Q... She's getting there! I think she'll have a pretty good handle on them right around her 2nd birthday - which is only 7 weeks away! I can't believe our little baby is going to be 2. I can't get all nostalgic right now, it'll only depress me and remind me that my birthday is only 3 weeks away.



I am making Quinn her very own scrapbook. I'm putting pictures of people she doesn't get to see very often in it so she can remember and recognize mainly my family and friends that are in Michigan and Arizona. But, of course, I have all of her crazy Kircher relatives in there, too. It's been a really fun project for me and I look forward to sitting down at bedtime with her and going through the book, seeing who's names she remembers and who's faces she recognizes. Some of the pictures above will make it into her book!

No comments: