Saturday, January 19, 2008

4 Days Late, but Happy Birthday, Mom

I thought about my mother all day on January 15th. She would've been 55. I can't believe she's been gone for 17 months now. I find myself wanting to call her all the time and tell her about all of the discoveries and new things Quinn is doing. When Quinn is sick, I want to talk to her - I want to ask her what she did with Eric and me in those same situations. When I have a general child-rearing question, I want to pick up the phone and call... When we went home for Christmas, I wished we could've stopped by to spend the day with her instead of stopping by her grave...

Anyway, Happy Birthday Mom - we love you and miss you every day. Your picture is in Quinn's scrapbook and she'll always know who you are.

The first and last time my Grandma held me...

1 comment:

TJ and Tony said...

Hi Rox,

Sending you a great big hug.

I didn't think it was possible for me to miss my mom any more than I already did...and then I became a mother myself. I completely understand what you mean about wanting to pick up the phone and ask a question or share some wonderful story.

I hope happy memories help you through the tough days.

TJ