Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's All Over but the Shoutin'

Well, things just got more nerve-wracking for us at the Kircher Household this morning... Quinn climbed up on our very high-off-the-ground king sized bed this morning. I think it is now officially impossible to let her out of our sight for more than a minute or so at a time. This parenting thing is stressful! Currently she is on our spare bed in the computer room as I blog, asking to get down. Now isn't that how it works? She wants no part of our help in getting up, but once she's up there, it's a little scarier for her to get down on her own. The perils of a 22-month-old...

Quinn's language has really exploded since our Christmas break in Michigan. She finally started giving 2-word commands and copied just about everything everyone was saying. She's still a one-word-sentence kind of girl, but when she was talking to Pop's dog Farina, she'd say, "Yay down!" or "Wake up!" It's progress in the most precious way. She got the movie "Happy Feet" for Christmas, and now she walks around the house saying, "Happy T-Feet! Happy T-Feet!"

I can't believe we're less than 2 months from our daughter's 2nd birthday. She's so independent now. She has inherited the Kircher short temper and gets very frustrated quickly if things don't go her way. She also loves to dress up. Hats are her favorite. She will go into the winter hat/gloves basket at our front door and put a hat on - then she will seek me out to show me how stinking cute she looks!

Quinn also loves taking care of her babies - all 65,ooo of them, I swear! And, what is it with little girls taking the clothes off of their babies? All of Quinn's baby dolls are naked and Kirch and I are constantly dressing them!

I think Quinn's favorite words right now are, EAT, NO and AGAIN. Oh, and JUMP. She loves to hold our hands and jump up high and then say, "Again, again!" It's amazing the level of energy that comes out of a child. She keeps us running from dawn till dusk!

I can brush my teeth like a big girl!

Well, sure I'll pose for the camera in between feeding my babies!

2 comments:

Photo Scraps Store said...

No wonder you want the Q stamp set. Quinn is adorable! I took the q stamp set off the floor and have it on my desk. I'll be in after 6 every night this week. If you want the set, I could ship it to you. It should only cost about $1 for shipping. The set is $15 plus tax. The store phone is 410-549-5187 if you want to order the stamps.

I'm glad you made it up for the crop even though the drive was long.

Tracy

michael kircher said...

What the F*%#@ do you mean the Kircher short temper!!?? That's bullS*#@ lady! I mean whoever said that...uh, er...oooh.

Heh-heh... nevermind.