Thursday, September 27, 2007

Two Weeks Today!

Well, we are celebrating our 2 week anniversary of Quinn giving up her pacifier. Honestly, I think Kirch and I are celebrating more than Quinn is. I just can't get over how gratifying it feels for us to have cleared this hurdle! Quinn has been sleeping fantastic this week, not even waking up at all at night! I take that back - she woke up twice Wednesday night, cried literally for about 3 seconds, and by the time we got to her door to go in, she had settled back down and went to sleep. HUGE!

Last night it was Kirch's night to read books to Quinn and rock her before putting her down. She was not happy about it. She wanted her mom, so once he left and she screamed bloody murder, I went it, rocked her for about 5 minutes, and then she looked up at me and said, "night, night!" Well, that's our cue - when she says that, she's usually ready to go to bed. So, sure enough, I put her down and she rolled right over. What is it about a child only wanting one parent or the other? I tell ya, it's hard not to take that stuff personally!

3 comments:

Stacy Perrus said...

Woohoo Quinn!

Uncle Mike said...

Hey maybe you can get Quinn to talk to my Israeli nephew, Ziv! He's pushing 6 or 7 I think and is still using his motzetz! (pacifier)

Then again he can speak at least two languages...fluently! So, hey, he's got that goin' for him!

Uncle Mike said...

Hey! Check it out! I can post in here again!

So nice, think I'll do it twice.