Monday, September 17, 2007

Mommy Got a Job!

Does anyone watch "Weeds"? Then you are the only ones that might get that reference :-)

Anyway, yes - I accepted a new position at a company called Aeras Global TB Vaccine Foundation. Yay! It's super close to home (about 7 miles), has great benefits, great hours, and gives me a lot more responsibility. I'll be a Senior Administrative Assistant *under the Executive Assistant* to the president of the company. I'll be learning grants proposal work, international travel planning, conference planning, and much more. I got a nice raise, I get the week between Christmas and New Year's off, plus 4 more weeks paid time off, and lots of other awesome little perks. I'm just so excited that I will be able to help provide for our family even more now, and I'll be learning a whole new field of work in the process.

Aeras is a non-profit foundation funded by the one-and-only Bill Gates Foundation. Their main goal is to create a successful TB vaccine over the next 10 years and distribute it to 3rd world countries (along with the USA). I may have the chance to travel internationally, too. I leave Burdeshaw Friday, October 5th, take a week off, then start at Aeras on Monday, October 15th. I'm looking forward to some serious Roxanne time!

In the meantime, Kirch has just submitted his resume to the Carderock Tennis Club for the Director of Tennis position. This is the 3rd time he's gone up for this, and although nothing is guaranteed, with this past track record there (they really like him), he's got a really great shot at it this time around. He'd be the top guy, running and building the tennis program there. We are both very excited for this opportunity for him.

SO... it looks like we are going to stay in Maryland for a while after all. We still have options, and North Carolina isn't out of the question, but we have to pursue these opportunities for ourselves and our family. We are both very excited!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
how does one score FOUR WEEKS OFF?!?!?! holy crap! this is awesome!!! i'm so happy for you, and I never doubt that you'll do a fab job. xoxo