Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

What a riot!

We were so busy this past weekend, I don't even know where to begin. Friday after work, Sponge came over for a few hours to chug a couple of beers, preparing for Saturday's big 1st tailgate of the MD football season. Smartly, I chose not to participate in Friday night's chugging. I saved it all until Saturday. As you can see, I was in top form. I chugged my best time of 10.56 seconds. Yep, I'm not too humble to say I'm proud of that :-)


Perfect form!


The tailgate was a blast - great weather and lots of friends came out to celebrate the beginning of the "tailgate season." I went to the game with Sponge, Scott, Hammer, Gary and Larissa, and Jimbo and Leen. We sat in the student section (and got a few dirty looks from the young crowd surrounding us) and enjoyed watching MD stomp all over Villanova. I love football games - it's a sign that sweater weather is right around the corner.

Sunday afternoon we headed to Chesapeake Beach to the Scheleur's annual Luau Party. It was, as always, a great time. This time, though, the weather was absolutely perfect. Usually the party is spread out throughout the house and outside because it is just so hot outside that people can't take it for more than a 1/2 hour at a time. This year the whole party was outside! For hours! It was great, because the kids just loved being outside, getting rides in the wagon, jumping in the moon bounce, and running around in the yard. Here's proof!

Daddy, take Rylie and me for a ride again!

Mom, this moon bounce ROCKS!

We spent the night at Scott and Donna's as we always do. On Monday morning, we all got up, ate breakfast of quiche, fresh fruit, and bagels. Afterwards, we headed to Jim Perrus's for the afternoon. Stacy and I were designated babysitters for her 2 girls, Quinn, Patch and Natalie. It was hard work! I have so much respect for those who work in daycare for a living. But we had a great time, playing in the playroom and taking the kids outside on the swings and into the pool. The water from the hose was a bit too cold for Quinn's liking, so she was really torn between wanting to be in the pool with the others, but then crying when she felt the shock of cold water on her body. Poor kid, she didn't enjoy it as much as she usually enjoys the more tepid water of heated pools...

Thanks for sharing your Cheerios with me, Eleni!


We have spent the bulk of this week getting Quinn back on her schedule and fighting through teething. She's having a heck of a time with it, and she's just now coming around from it. I'm glad we're nearing the end of this wave of it - the girl can get really cranky!

No comments: