Friday, August 8, 2008

Is It That Time Already?

It's amazing how fast 2 years goes by. The last time we headed for Florida Quinn was 5 months old. Here we are, heading down tomorrow morning for the bi-annual (is that right? every other year?) Rudzik Family Reunion in New Smyrna Beach. Quinn is so excited to "go on a pwane to Fworida!" Yes, you heard it - we're going on a plane this time. For the first time, since MY first time down with Kirch in '99, we are flying. The last time around took a toll on all of us - we drove down, drove back, then had to drive to MI 2 days later to take care of my mom's place after she died (while we were in FL). Obviously, the sting of that month of August still smarts. So I mentioned to Kirch that I really wanted to fly this year. SOLD. Kirch hates to drive but has always made the sacrifice for the sake of saving money. Well, with gas prices the way they are this year, I'm figuring we're somewhere around breaking even.

ANYWAY, not that I post a bunch nowadays, but I will make sure to blog when we return home safe and sound next Saturday. Here is to a wonderful week-long vacation!

No comments: