Friday, August 29, 2008

Ticks and Shiners

Kirch got the call from Tiana at daycare on Wednesday that Quinn fell and smacked her cheekbone against the toy box. Boy, what a good one. She's had so many knocks her her poor head and face in her 2-and-a-half short years that I have lost count.

Here is the progression of the nice trophy she has on her face from that fateful spill...

Wednesday - Look what I did, Mommy!


Today - Nice and Purple!

This is the conversation I had with her, asking how she fell and got her boo-boo...

Rox - "Honey, what happened to your cheek?"
Q - "Because, because.... I fell down on the toybox and hit my eye..."
Rox - "How did you fall?"
Q - "Because, because... and I tripped and fall..."
Rox - "But how did you fall? What were you doing?"
Q - "Because, because... I stepped on a dinosaur and I was... with Jaden... and.. and..."

You get the picture - she is speaking in these lengthy sentences with so much passion and excitement, it just breaks my heart it is so cute!!! And "because" is one of her favorite words right now, along with the phrase, "I don't have to." But that one is not said in a malicious or sassy tone, she is using that as sort of an "I don't want to."

Then, to top it all off, after I got her out of the bathtub Wednesday night I was drying her off and... what the heck? There was a tick on her neck! Poor baby! Luckily it was an extremely tiny one that I was able to remove with tweezers and she was soooo good. She just sat there so still and let me take care of it. "Mommy, you have to get the tick?" I can't brag enough on how tough this child is.

Let's hope she has a better weekend than she did this past week, huh?

1 comment: