Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Girl is 2!

Happy Birthday, Q-Bug!

Two years old - I just can't believe it! I was rocking Quinn to sleep tonight at about 8pm and thinking back 2 years and she wasn't even born yet! She decided to grace us with her presence at 11:26 pm. I'm thinking it'll be several years yet before she's actually awake to realize her "real time" birthday.

What a day. Kirch and I must have sang her "Happy Birthday" about 20 times. She ran around the house saying, "Happy Bir-to!" So funny...

We kept it low key today, but I think she had a lot of fun. We took her to Montgomery Mall where she played in the play yard for about an hour or so. After that, we headed to lunch with Grandma Kircher. By the time we got home, it was after 3pm. Normally we don't put her down for a nap that late, but she's fighting a cold (poor kid!) and she was actually asking "yay down." So she slept until 5pm (and Kirch and I did, too, since we're ALL fighting colds), and then we all got up to watch the present-unwrapping festivities. She had a ball! She got tons of clothes and bath toys from Grandma Kircher, a Sit-&-Spin, doll house room sets and other toys from Grandma and Poppy Swanson, and an Elmo potty training book, a Build-a-Bear (Chick), and a doll house from us. Here are a few pictures from her special day!

Actually at our group play date on Saturday, but it's the only cake she got!


Put the pedal to the medal and LET'S GO!


Chuck the Chick ROCKS, Mom and Dad! Thanks!


I'm just way too busy playing with my new doll house to look up for yet ANOTHER picture!

2 comments:

michael kircher said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!

Uncle Mike

Joe Stonestreet said...

Roxanne...
your Quinn is the spitting image of my God-Daughter Julie in that first frame..I used to kid her about what she was gonna do when she ran out of cute, because she was ( she moved away :( )so precocious..ask uncle mike about the Nikon D.G.M, and Happy Clickin'...J