Thursday, December 6, 2007

It Was Bound to Happen...

I take full responsibility - but it still came as a shock to me when Quinn uttered her very first curse word on Saturday morning! And it was the Mother of all curses - yep, the F word. My jaw dropped. Now like I said, I shouldn't be surprised. Kirch and I can swear like sailors, and it has finally caught up to us. Once again, I didn't give her enough credit for how smart and observant she really is.

Here I was, just changing her diaper in her bedroom on the changing pad. I can't even tell you what happened, but it made my angry, and I uttered the "word" just loud enough for her to hear it. The next thing I know, that little virgin mouth is spewing ugliness all over the place! But luckily, it sounded more like foot than f*%k. Either way, I stopped cold, looked at her and asked, "What did you just say?" Sure enough, she says "Fut! Fut!" You should have seen me, I was like, "Holy Sh..... oh crap! Oh crap! NO, QUINN, NO!!!" And her - "FUT! FUT!" So immediately I said, "Foot!" Well, she caught on to that, and then just started saying foot - so I slyly got myself out of a huge jam, but quickly told Kirch about it when he got home from work. So now we are both really, really watching our language around the Repeater nowadays :-)

Mom and Dad are on their best behavior from now on!

No comments: