Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Date with Elmo

I got the opportunity to take Quinn to see "Elmo Grows Up" at the Patriot Center on Saturday. It's a live show with all of the Sesame Street characters and it actually was a lot of fun. I lucked into these tickets - I chose not to buy them when the Scheleurs were going because I thought, "There is no way Quinn will sit through a show at this age - she barely watches TV!" Boy, was I wrong... she was enthralled by the characters singing and dancing on the stage! I was shocked - and pleasantly surprised at how much she enjoyed the show. She was happy to sit in the stadium style seat, and flip it up so her legs were just about at her chin. Luckily we had no one sitting around us, so she was able to get up and down from her seat without bothering anyone.

I'm not so sure about this "Elmo" guy yet...

The first act she pretty much sat and just stared at the stage. By the end of the first act, she was dancing to the music. Here is a video of just before the intermission - she was having a blast!



During the first half, Scott, Donna and the boys were sitting directly across from us. They joined us for the 2nd half and then we all went to Sweetwater Tavern for lunch. It was quite a morning, that stretched far into the afternoon! I missed that Kirch couldn't be with us - I definitely want to take her to something like this again soon!

This chair pretty much rocks, Mom........seriously, it ROCKS!


I have to say - Elmo is pretty cool!!!

No comments: