Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ugh! The Work!

Well, my last day at Burdeshaw Associates was last Friday. I had planned to have a lot of down time this week... that is, until we decided to put the condo on the market. Now, this wasn't a split-second decision. I've even posted about it for the last month or so. But there were several things that still needed to be done that just canNOT be done with a child running around the house! So I knew I'd have to spend several days of my week off painting and packing, while Quinn was at day care. Needless to say, I have been out-of-my-mind busy. I have been painting the kitchen cabinets and closet doors like crazy. I've just put my last coat on the last few cabinet doors, and I have some detailing to do to the closet doors, but the end is finally in sight!

I have to admit, a coat of paint goes a loooooooong way! Our kitchen looks completely different, don't you think? We are putting the condo on the market tomorrow. So today is my last day of heavy, heavy work. The next 2 days are reserved for ME!



Tomorrow we are supposed to go visit TJ and Lily. Oh, I can't wait for the girls to play together! The camera will be working overtime and I'll have a ton of pictures to post :-) Friday, I'm heading downtown to sight see and have lunch with Rachel and Dorothy. Sometime in these last few days I have to work on my scrapbooks and projects I have going right now. Couldn't I just take another week off???

Quinn has been doing great... she's given us some serious protest when it comes to bed time for the past week or so, but we are managing. She doesn't want to be left alone. And it's sporadic - some nights she's fine and others, watch out - she'll put up a fight for 2 hours before she finally passes out from exhaustion! But the good thing is when she finally DOES go to sleep, she sleeps through the night. Oh well, just another phase from a 19-month-old!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

hey rox, the kitchen looks great!! are you going to get a bigger place?