Sunday, October 21, 2007

Busy, Busy

Wow, my first week of work at the new job has come and gone, and boy am I busy! It's been great so far, and I couldn't be happier with the move...

But with more responsibility, comes less time to blog. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep up! Things have been going at an insane pace, but we are all doing well in the Kircher household. Quinn has finally started calling Kirch and me Mommy and Daddy. Not just saying the words, but actually distinguishing between the two of us, and asking for us by "name". When we ask her what her name is, she usually says, "You!" She hasn't said her own name yet, but that day will come when she's ready...

Quinn is just getting over her first cold of the season. Nothing major, but it's a true testament that winter is coming. I'm just hoping she doesn't have as many as she did last year!

She is asking for lots of things now - "Peep" and "juice" being the most important things on her list right now. "Peep" is for "Peep and the Big Wide World," her favorite cartoon. Actually, she loves dancing to the opening song by Taj Mahal and then when the actual cartoon starts, she just askes for "Peep" again (the song).



Juice - I wish I would've never introduced juice. She runs around saying, "Jew! Jew!" So I have made her happy by filling up her sippy cup with 2 parts water, one part juice, and it makes me feel better that she's not drinking the juice at full octane :-)

Quinn is getting more and more headstrong by the day. She's testing her limits and beginning to understand that there are actually rules she must follow. It's a bit frustrating, but wonderful all at the same time!

How can you get frustrated at a face like this???

1 comment:

Uncle Mike said...

"Jew! Jew!"

Maybe she's actually asking for Rachel!?