Monday, July 16, 2007

Those Hazy Days of Summer...

Saturday afternoon is what summer is all about in my book. Jim & Stacy Perrus had a big BBQ at their house and nearly the whole state of Maryland showed up. It was the perfect summer day, too. Not too hot or humid, with just the right amount of breeze to keep the bugs away. Everyone brought a dish, just about everyone brought a kid (or 2 or 3), and it was so much fun catching up with all of our friends. It was even more fun watching the kids interact with each other. I got some great pictures and I'm enjoying everyone else's shots, also. Here are just a couple:

Quinn and Troy chumming it up together

Higher Uncle Jimbo, HIGHER!!!


After the BBQ, we headed to Kenny & Jessica's for the evening. Quinn went down without a hitch and we stayed up to visit for several hours. Jim and Leen showed up and we were all up until 1:30ish. JUST TOO LATE for me anymore - it's too hard to get up with a child the next morning and actually function! So when Quinn went down for her marathon nap yesterday, so did Kirch and I. I swear, I need another day to catch up! I'm just too old for this anymore...

In other news, I cut all of my hair off after about 4 years of growing it out and having it long. I was due. It is a fantastic cut (in my opinion) and I've had lots of compliments on it. I think even Kirch is telling the truth when he says he likes it!

Hmmm, I know Mommy likes it this way, but I miss playing with her long hair...

2 comments:

TJ and Tony said...

Hi Rox,

Love the new hair...very sassy!

TJ

Uncle Mike said...

Cute hair, girlie!