Monday, July 30, 2007

Catching Up From Last Week...

Well, it's been Potter-mania for the past 2 weeks since the final installment of the Harry Potter series came out. I accidentally had my book sent to Pop's house in MI, so Sponge was kind enough to lend me his copy (since he read it in like 2 days!)... I've been trying to read it every chance I get, on top of keeping a semi-clean house, grocery shopping, daycare hunting, preparing for vacation next week... you get the drift. So I'm about 200 pages into it, and already sad that this will be the last book I read about my beloved Harry!

Quinn had company yesterday! Natalie and Sponge came over to watch the Brickyard race (Tony Stewart won, by the way) and have dinner. We made spaghetti and I watched Kirch and Sponge do several beer/pop chugs. I refrained this time - my 16:24 last weekend with Kirch and Sponge will have to hold for a while :-) Anyway, Natalie and Quinn were so cute - they shared Quinn's new couch/futon bed and were pretty cozy all evening. Quinn was definitely a bit much for Natalie to handle... it's the first time I've seen my child be a bit smothering to another child! We were constantly saying, "Quinn, no... Quinn, back off a bit... Quinn, be nice..." But Natalie took it in stride and was a very patient little girl!

Hmmm, Natalie - it's usually ME under the sleeping bag!


I've noticed more and more that Quinn is becoming a Chatty Cathy nowadays. She mimicks us a LOT now. Kirch has taught her "nice".... (Niiiiiiiiiiiiii....!), and she says Ma Ma, Da Da, Hi, Buh Bye, Wow, Woah, Mine and she signs "eat". So she is coming along nicely! She also went to bed last night without her pacifier for the first time since just before we left for MI at the beginning of the month... I'd REALLY like to get her off of it before we go on vacation next week, or before she starts her new daycare. We've got 8 days to pull that off - fingers crossed! I don't have the utmost confidence it is going to happen, but we're going to try again tonight when it's time for bed. We'll see!

I just love catching these bubbles, Mom!


We head over to visit a woman by the name of Tianna Fogle after work this evening. She runs a daycare out of her townhouse in Germantown and I just loved talking to her over the phone. We're hoping she is "The One" and we can put a deposit down for a spot for Quinn tonight. I'm not going to go into all of the things I love about her until it is official - I don't wanna get my hopes up until after our meeting with her tonight! HOPEFULLY I'll be able to post some good news tomorrow :-)

No comments: