Saturday, January 10, 2009

...And Then We Headed to Michigan

The trip was fun - as it always is. We got snow - as we always do! Quinn outlasted us in the snow - as she always does...

As the whole Swanson-Meland family gathered for another holiday, I was so happy to see how much Quinn has an effect on everyone. Alex and Aric just think the world of her, and she loves them right back. It's amazing to see how much she changes at this point. I look back on pictures from last year and see significant differences. From longer hair, to longer sentences, she is growing faster than I care to acknowledge.

We all had a wonderful Christmas. One of my favorite times was when Laurie and I got to go shopping. I LOVE Girl-Time, and I can't wait to share it with Quinn when she gets older. But this was just myself and Laurie, which I savored every moment of it! We went up to Port Huron, which was a nice change from the usual trek to the Clinton Township area. I hadn't been through Old Town in a long time, and it was nice to see that it seemed to be building up again. We hit Birchwood Mall, along with Kohl's and just really enjoyed ourselves.

This year we had to ship THREE very large boxes of gifts home - mostly Quinn's gifts, as expected. The girl cleaned up. Between clothes that will last her for 2 more years at least to books and toys, it really was a treat watching her tear through the wrapping and get to the gift beneath. She is loved, it really it apparent!

No comments: