Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sugar Cookies!

I had no idea what I was getting myself in for when I suggested to Quinn that we make Christmas cookies. It was a HUGE undertaking! I made the dough (from a bag, of course - do you seriously think I'd take the time to make it from scratch?) and then set Quinn up at the table to do the cutouts. Oh My Gosh, it was a LOT of work! I rolled the dough, and she cut the cookies, but at first the dough was not cooperating. It was so soft, I couldn't lift the cookies onto the pan. Very frustrating... So I just put in more (and more) flour until the dough was thicker and then we went to town.

I put Quinn down for a nap (which, of course, she didn't sleep), cleaned up the first disaster, and then when she got up, we took to frosting and decorating the cookies. Well, I thought the cookie cutting part was a chore! Quinn's idea of "light shaking" of the candies was practically dumping on the sugary substance! Needless to say, our cookies are not the prettiest by far, but I got some great pictures and some memories out of the ordeal!

At the end of the excursion, I gave Quinn a cookie to test (I have not had the courage yet). She licked off all the frosting and candy and threw the cookie away... Hmmmm - I wonder if Santa will enjoy these cookies this year?

No comments: