Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Camping Trip

I took Quinn camping a couple of weeks ago. But it's cheating camp - I don't tent camp anymore. We got ourselves a nice dry cabin with a queen size bed and MAN, that's camping! Tons of people went, and despite the nasty rainy weather we had on Friday when we got there, we really managed to have a great time over Saturday and Sunday!

Can I eat my cereal in peace, please?

On Saturday we hooked up with the Kastbergs for the day and went sightseeing. We hit a park where Quinn and Meredith became BFFs very quickly... check it out!

Let's help each other up this hill!

We also hit Harper's Ferry, which is a very cool place! We went and had lunch and my Little Miss Quinn surprised me by sharing a tuna salad salad with me! she ate everything in that salad except for the red onions (Mommy, they're spicy!). I love, love, LOVE that she loves salad!!!

On Saturday night we had a big pot luck dinner and watch Game 5 of the Red Wings/Penguins Stanley Cup Series. Quinn learned that rolling down a hill is great fun - man, that girl had fun!

She talks about camping all the time now. I guess we are going to have to start doing it more often!

A shout out to all of my camping peeps!

No comments: